
Queen Of Sheba
who do you think you are?
the queen of sheba
yes
every girl's a queen
deserving of
making an entrance
with celebration music
a curtsey and nod
to the word weavers
jungle cat lovers
handel
celestial wind choirs
oboes
tis an ill wind
that only a few
blow very very good
Love the attitude in this poem!💜 You go girl!😊
ReplyDeleteIt's why there is one queen and ten thousand enrapt quotidians. We used to call it natural selection, but now we suspect its just privileged ... privilege.
ReplyDeleteI love these lines:
ReplyDelete'a curtsey and nod
to the word weavers
jungle cat lovers
handel
celestial wind choirs
oboes'.
Such a classic image portrayed in a lovely tangent of words with line breaks, just like the instrumentation. I really like how you have stylized it in this form.
ReplyDelete-HA
I am with Sanaa, the attitude is wonderful! A confident air of true beauty!!
ReplyDeleteLearning so much, and loving everything I'm reading.
ReplyDeleteYou had me at the last stanza
ReplyDeleteA wonderful allude to the queen, which I of course always think of as a jungle cat instead of a human.
ReplyDeleteLove the wordplay in the last stanza...
ReplyDelete...I might've giggled a bit (because I am terrible).
And yes, everyone deserves...
Shy or bold there is still something extra they need and that is sincerity...as for Cleopatra she just waved the privilege flag.
ReplyDeleteI will admit to imagining epic theme music for myself from time to time if the moment calls for it.
ReplyDeleteA royal tone for a powerful acclaimation! Well done!
ReplyDeleteAttitude! Love it!
ReplyDeleteMy favorite music -- and oboes! And you have done such a beautiful job of wrapping it up like a gift, multi-layered and the last line just made me burst out laughing. And then go play my favorite music again, this time as the queen, nodding. I love this so much. -- Victoria Stuart
ReplyDeleteGlad someone got the oboe joke. In the music world it is said the oboe is the ill wind that nobody plays any good (because it is such a difficult instrument to play.)
ReplyDelete