Friday, 27 July 2018

What Is This Thing ?





what is this thing called love?
we know the song
we know the words
we match the feelings

we also know
it is never
a mutual situation

if we survive it
we are
depleted
exhausted
spent

the intensity
has a time frame
the heart
wilts
collapses
and at that point
one says
ENOUGH



6 comments:

  1. I resonate with these words. But only because i had no clue how to choose. Sigh. I definitely reached the "Enough" place. Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeppers. Loving someone who doesn't love you in return is truly like hugging a cactus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love is often a doubled-edged sword. Perhaps we need to learn the lesson of loving ourselves first and then it might make it all easier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we all can relate to this in some way. Love certainly does bring much stress and pain to us all at one time or another. The cactus quote is spot on as well. Great writing Cressida!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So poignant and romantic both at the same time!!💞

    ReplyDelete