Saturday, 25 November 2017

Bill Withers - Lovely Day (Original Version)







TROIKU

it was a lovely day
the gentle sea breeze stirred
lightly waving palm fronds

the sea blue green and white
sun shining on the surfers
gliding like dancers

you came back today
even the seagulls smiled
it's been a long time


it was a lovely day 
the sea blue green and white
you came back today 


Carpe Diem Haiku Kai

11 comments:

  1. Wow!! when some loved one returns, we feel so much bliss

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always come back...like a bad penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting form. I bet it's a challenge (and delight) to weave together.

    Love the gentleness of the tale, how the return is a dance, that starts and ends on the same step...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful poem. Such a gentle poem ending with that glorious...you came back today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I especially love the surfers gliding like dancers.....I hear the joy of a homecoming.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed this gentle troiku, especially the 'sea blue green and white' and the smiling seagulls. It's wonderful when a loved one returns.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful troiku! it's amazing how the process of stripping away words, and seeking essences can really offer the most power in the telling

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the song. I love the poem. It is a joyful spot to rest in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A loved one can certainly bring good tidings. Wonderful troiku

    Hank

    ReplyDelete