Let me ask you, butterfly, do you remember your cocoon? Perhaps you recall spinning thread, a caterpillar's ungainly crawl? If you can jog your memory ,maybe there is hope for me.
my ears ring with joy as i whisk eggs and chop onions
you cast your magic , who knew slicing red peppers was euphoric
i flip the omelettes con brio, to your seductive gigue
Superb! I can feel the energy here....the sijo is life-giving--a catalyst for hope. And the omelette one...well, it's full of delicious energy...joyful and playful.
AN interesting piece of poetry; one of which made me think and for me that's a good thing when a piece makes you do that. Oh and thaks for visiting my blog.
How easy it is to imagine the look in the lovers eyes as those omelettes are being made. (I am wiping the grin from my face...I promise).
ReplyDeleteThis was a treat to read. The first one was motivating and the second one was very romantic.
ReplyDeleteCooking together..romantic!!
ReplyDeletemy ears ring with joy too as i read the lines...thanks for the music :)
ReplyDeleteSuperb! I can feel the energy here....the sijo is life-giving--a catalyst for hope. And the omelette one...well, it's full of delicious energy...joyful and playful.
ReplyDeleteStunning!!❤️
ReplyDeleteAN interesting piece of poetry; one of which made me think and for me that's a good thing when a piece makes you do that. Oh and thaks for visiting my blog.
ReplyDeleteThe first is so evocative and filled with hope; the second brings joy!
ReplyDeleteThe form is interesting and I enjoyed both very much. I am now craving eggs!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHope and romance juxtaposed so splendidly. Thanks for this beautiful duet
ReplyDeleteMuch love...
Stunning words with worlds of meaning
ReplyDeleteThis is one of my favourite forms. And I love the words you've used it for – and the lovely music.
ReplyDeleteAh! Nice, who knew cooking together could be romantic:) Nicely done.
ReplyDeleteBeautifully written. As an aside, I just had coffee on the back verandah to the tune of Italian Concertos (modified). Music and food, heaven.
ReplyDeleteAh yes the Alison Balsom rendition....was wondering why you were sounding so soft and breathless...:)
DeleteSplendid.
ReplyDelete