Sunday, 31 January 2016

Corporate Catastrophe





















out of focus
where are my specs
don't tell me - here they are
hanging round my neck

everything's a blur
in which city am i today
hope i packed a fur
before  i brave the fray

it looks a bit like england
where's the clip tag with my name
hotel hopping, meetings
boring  - all the same

no longer have an identity
am just a corporate nerd
supposed to be important
at what -  i've never heard

Magpie Tales
Midweek Motif PU





18 comments:

  1. ...sounds a bit exotic yet lonely...great response to the prompt.;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made me remember a life a long time ago. "Everything's a blur in which city am I today."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gave me a chuckle. I have a feeling my touring-musician nephew feels this way sometimes as he is constantly on the road and in different countries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for a poem that made me laugh! Thank you for entertaining me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The end line is where i smiled, a witty one (✿◠‿◠)
    Have a nice Wednesday

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is cool. Loved the "corporate nerd".

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so relate to this! Back in my attorney days, I felt a lot like this! Now, it makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I often thought "Why am I here" at those meetings and conferences.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great way to incorporate both prompts. It is hard when one has to travel as it does get blurry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful reflection of corporate anonymity - i always admire people who can rise above their cubicles - i bet there are a lot of poets and artists wearing name badges and creating up a storm behind those wobbly walls

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the humor in this, though it depicts someone in a sad state. It's easy to lose oneself as we travel in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mine are usually lost on my head...

    ReplyDelete