Monday, 7 December 2015

Wordle # 88 MLMM



whalebone dread apathy aperture reach
fanatic throw nails track vein

dreading the whalebone corset fitting
veins throbbing in her temples
her nails digging into clenched hands
clinging to the bed post
she decided to throw in the towel

resolving not to reach for the stars
not to be fanatical about her appearance
any longer 
she would now step out with a thickening waist line
ditch the powdered wigs and scratching sticks
sew up all the designated apertures in her lingerie
cut her hair and have a warm bath every week
without her modesty smock
even in the cold winter months
 
besides aubrey would never  notice
he was apathetic about these matters
only interested in horses the race track and his hounds




2 comments:

  1. Fantastic poetry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very charming piece! I am with her, I do not like wearing tight, restrictive clothing either and while I admit an itty bitty waist does appeal to my vanity, it is not nearly as appealing as chocolate lol I will keep my ordinary waist for chocolate.

    mindlovemisery

    ReplyDelete