Friday, 4 December 2015

Sunday Whirligig 36

molecules crow alarm poppy wasp clumsy
spider sunny shouts begrudge whirl pulling


the crow shouts the alarm
not wanting to begrudge
the others a meal

they descend in a whirl
picking the bones clean
pulling at the last molecules
devouring  road kill with relish

the spider meanwhile has caught
a clumsy wasp in its web
amongst the red poppies

just another sunny day
where the life ritual of
death and renewal is being borne out
under a bright blue sky


6 comments:

  1. Yes if we look...life and death are indeed in play all around us...in a way it is a natural occurrence..but only if we do it perhaps in order to survive...an illuminating poem

    ReplyDelete
  2. We started out in a very similar fashion, but I got turned around somewhere in the process. Like your normal day of life and losses,

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the line I love: "devouring road kill with relish." Yummy!

    Clumsy Attempts

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is perfect .. well balanced and flows beautifully ... I like the near understatement quality, simply presenting another aspect of life. Bastet

    ReplyDelete