Tuesday, 15 September 2015

Let Your Song Be Delicate

Cressida
I research your name
to pull back your layers and
steal the gold within

your Trojan past
intrigues me
I'll write a good song
for you



Mid Week Motif PU
Response

kind friend
reading your poems
is like going on holiday

they are arrows
shooting smiles
lighting up my heart
a warm spring breeze
smoothing the day's feathers

take the gold within
it is my gift to you
"let your song be delicate
the flowers can hear"





17 comments:

  1. "they are arrows / shooting smiles / lighting up my heart"...b e a u t i f u l ! !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Indeed... a lovely poem written for me.I hope my response did it justice. Pleased you liked it Rosemary...really enjoyed the prompt this week !

      Delete
  3. Oooh the closing lines are like pure gold :D
    Wonderful write :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely and uplifting poem and response! Just beautiful. I love the way you closed so perfectly with the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "a warm spring breeze
    smoothing the day's feathers"

    Arrows and birds and love. Very delicate indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful poem

    Have a nice Wednesday

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this - a sort of dialogue. Your response in it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. a beautiful duet Cressida. Precious is the song

    ReplyDelete
  9. All our hearts are lit up in a community such as this. We write, we read, we comment and bask in contentment hearing others words.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful - to be sung about and to sing for another - and Cressida is indeed a magical name..just like this poem

    ReplyDelete
  11. "kind friend reading your poems is like going on holiday" it truly is

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't even begin to tell you how much I'm grinning right now. My face is sore!

    Wonderful call-and-response!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chryseis, "maiden of gold" - lovely name and image, picked up in your poem. A delicate statement and reply...

    ReplyDelete