
she no longer trusts anyone anymore
no one can enter beyond the front door
chain and locks are wrapped round her heart
her spirit crushed broken smashed glass on the floor
first they were happy good looking and smart
but lying and cheating became his fine art
the resentment was jagged bitter too wide
twas no longer bearable and so they did part
they split she stumbled a lot in her stride
sometimes she felt she already had died
her grief inconsolable a long shadow cast
a miserable time no one at her side
the sad years did pass at long long last
found another to love with passion steadfast
her love for him burst to a soft aching flow
but the demons of fear returned from the past
she would not survive more treacherous blows
being dragged through the mud relationship woes
so she tossed her love on the rocks gone with the wind
sits alone with her cats looking out at the snow
whoa, great use of the form. a lot of nice lines in here, and I especially liked the fine art metaphor you used for his lying and cheating... sad she wound up a cat-loving spinster
ReplyDeleteToo bad she can't let go of the fears and give her new love a chance ~ I can't bear to look at the window of snow ~ Summer is still lingering here smiles ~
ReplyDeleteher love for him burst to a soft aching flow
ReplyDeletebut the demons of fear returned from the past
The expected consequences following a break-up very well presented. Great lines Cressida!
Hank
Such a sad truth - once burned fearing the fire.. And such a price to bear afterwards. Great work on the form also,
ReplyDeleteNice, whimsical verse.
ReplyDeletea sad tale, told very nicely.
ReplyDeleteNice use of the form to tell a sad tale.
ReplyDeleteit is sad when someone has made such bad experiences with love that they come to a point when they cannot trust anymore even if someone means it good with them... breaks my heart a bit..
ReplyDeletei enjoyed the way you built on this... sad indeed
ReplyDeleteExcellent form. Very well written, it is a different world out there. After all one can sometimes be a preferred lifestyle. Empathy is all I can say.
ReplyDeletethis is sad...another chance missed...so well written :)
ReplyDeleteA story of lost trust and pain. I am not this woman but I know her. Well done.
ReplyDeleteI know her as well.Because I saw what happened to her, I promised myself I would never allow another person to destroy my life. No matter who it was or what they did to me.Her suffering saved me mine.
ReplyDelete