Tuesday, 19 August 2014

Haiku For Joel Robison



 he carried  demons
in his long black woollen coat
could not shake them off



 
i saw three ships
come sailing in
you were not there





urban warrior
imaginary dragon
in pursuit of him






would do anything
to avoid a queue he was
so mary poppins



 

her love transformed him
he found his wings and could fly
 for a few minutes

 

who needs a piano
he played his typewriter like
a virtuoso

17 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your haiku specially the Mary Poppins one ~ I feel that way when its traffic seriously ~ I wouldn't mind flying for a few minutes ~ Thanks for playing along ~ Have a lovely week ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha. i might need to try that umbrella trick next time i am stuck in line.
    the urban warrior//dragon one...could be my son...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all very clever. I like especially the one about the three ships. Sad really, that the person yearned for was not there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the way you incorporated several of his photos into a narrative..of story of your own..i follow with your imagination..and it is a nice place to go...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very fun set of haiku. Especially loved the typewriter one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Witty and wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very witty and succinct! Like this very much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All wonderful... I esp love the last two.

    ReplyDelete
  9. her love transformed him
    he found his wings and could fly
    for a few minutes

    I like this! How very true Cressida! Head over heels in love, he'll do anything Great haiku set!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love them all.. each picture telling a little story.. you have made the picture's your own.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun! With bits of wisdom too. And they could stand alone tho I like the image/haiku combo. "so Mary Poppins" is a great illusion to popular culture--as is the urban warrior fighting dragons--fine images.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these. They're so clever and go perfectly with the pictures. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I like these whimsical haiku snapshots! The fit the images well. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a stunning collection...impossible to choose a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shaking the demons off was also an interesting write as there are a few around. You are very talented with your themes and the pictures. Well done! Kinda sad he was only transformed for a few minutes and not for a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved these. My favorite one is the demon-coat.

    ReplyDelete