Thursday, 5 June 2014

Words

billions of them
outnumbering the stars in the ether
meaningless pops in bubble wrap
the eyes hold the meaning
say more in a flash
even when teeth are bared in a smile

we become deaf to words eventually
blades forever blunted no longer hurt
we have survived
we grow a thick skin from too many thrusts
sticks and stones finally kick in

we hear more in the silence
we learn to look into the eyes of words
a lot talk of love
but the eyes
the eyes of the words are killers
they cannot lie

10 comments:

  1. we need to shield ourselves, and to maintain that balance of imperviousness against being vunerable... I like the insight you've shared here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that ending about eyes of the words are killers ~ Words are meaningless unless paired with actions ~ I love your response ~

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becoming deaf to words is a most scary expression to me - don't you think so?

    Hi Cressida!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The words are killers - definitely.. Words are sharp blades

    ReplyDelete
  5. You express this so well - no failure in your words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Words can indeed lose their meanings while eyes, and deeds perhaps, do not lie and deceive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how you have personified words as killers. Yes, words can certainly do much harm

    ReplyDelete