Thursday, 19 June 2014

Triolet






the beauty of my cactus plant
is knowing it will always thrive
no matter what  in heat or damp
the beauty of my cactus plant
will long  outlive me and my rants
its prickly thorns made to survive
the beauty of my cactus plant
is knowing it will always thrive

13 comments:

  1. They do strive and will surely outlive us ~ A lovely triolet ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a purple thumb, so even my cactus efforts died to spite me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has grown itself from a 3 inch plant 7 years ago...no care or maintenance is the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do know someone who managed to kill a cactus!

    Nice triolet, Cressida.

    ReplyDelete
  5. they know how to live and survive...very nice triolet Cressida :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree that cacti live forever. I bought a house cactus once & later came to regret it....but it lived on and on and on and on and on. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh...that is a good thing surely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Long live both your cactus plant and your prickly rants! Triolets are one of my favorite forms, and yours is well done and rather fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I said rants ...not prickly rants...nice to see you again:)

      Delete
  9. That we all have the equivalent of a cactus, if not an ACTUAL cactus, to thrive beyond all the love 'n flack, eloquence and syllable-malignin' we can generate - is a worthy desire in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the only way for a cactus not to thrive is to take care of it.. I love triolets...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank God I am not the steward of your cactus plant, or its days would be numbered. I over-tend them and they drown!

    Lovely triolet, Cressida. Great to read in the morning hours... Amy

    ReplyDelete