dverse
she must leave the door ajar
with some feeling of hope
that a kindred spirit
will stumble across her path one day
otherwise her story is over
the opening gets smaller and smaller
as the years go by
only a magician desperate to hear
the wafts of music coming from inside
could squeeze himself through the crack
not fully understanding that once in-
the door shuts and there is no way out again
OH! This breaks my heart. The thought that all chances have come and gone is difficult to fathom.
ReplyDeleteI think once the door is locked she has to go through the backdooor.. Or her hope is only the magician.
ReplyDeletei wish she would open that door wide and actively search for him...
ReplyDeleteThere's a lot of pain in this one (well contained, elegantly expressed - but I feel it - perhaps something I've wondered about myself). And I like the image of the Sirens... Do they spell doom or freedom? Are we prudent or afraid?
ReplyDeleteA bit scary but an interesting interpretation of what and how we wonder and dream, come to accept the inevitable.
ReplyDeletequite chiiling...
ReplyDeleteThe door creates quite the visual. Powerfully expressed.
ReplyDeleteHealers do pass by and some, one, will try to enter. The image seems to give motivation to the sirens. And in another way makes me feel cautious of all broken songs. I watch what actions need to be done in the world with a reluctance to commit. I don't know why when I and others never enter that door alone. God be with us and make us braver!
ReplyDeleteThis piece is haunting... lovely, painful, scary...
ReplyDeletethere are kindred spirits... rare and precious
ReplyDeletethis made me feel very sad
I love the title.....and I sort of relate to the woman in the poem.......that door closing more over the years.........a haunting piece of writing.
ReplyDelete