
dverse
my words
may be just feathery seeds
softly brushing your hand
or simply irritating
lodged up your nose
or just floating flecks
not even felt at all
but
for you
i would like them to be
a strand of diamonds
wrapped like arms around you
with each thought
a kiss
on your lovely neck
so you think of me every day

The ending is just so sweet ~ I love the thought of them like a strand of diamonds ~ Did you mean to link up with D'verse for Seeding prompt? I didn't see your name in the Mr Linky ~ H
ReplyDeleteave a wonderful week ~
what more, indeed, could we ever want...?
ReplyDeleteA beautiful, soft expression of love:)
ReplyDeleteOh, Cressida, your use of dandelion fluff-seeds in the breeze... I didn't think of that. I do love dandelions, though!
ReplyDeleteThen the seed analogy becomes so much more than a lot of us made of it. Most (including mine) were more literal, but yours goes to the heart of the most important thing that grows from a well-tended garden. LOVE. Beautiful work! Amy
Love dandelions they are so light and lovely thought carriers as your poem suggests, Lovely!
ReplyDeleteMay the word both flutter and be like diamonds.. And yes I think they often are
ReplyDeleteI love the sweetness and romanticism of the second stanza!
ReplyDeleteDandelions and diamonds - what a great and well crafted combination!
ReplyDeletewhen you love someone, their voice does sound like diamonds.
ReplyDeleteThe idea of words lodged in my nose gave me a chuckle.
ReplyDelete