Sunday, 1 June 2014

Dear God




God is English son
everyone knows that except
some Americans
























made room in the yard
i even have a saddle
please do not tell mum



cancel my ticket
if jennifer horton is
going to heaven






 




my brother's awful
could you please take him back and
give me a puppy

16 comments:

  1. This is very cleverly done...the way you interspersed the children's notes between the haiku....and enjoyable to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! From the children's perspective, you have created such innocent and humorous haiku. Delightful read. :-)
    Good to be back at your junction...
    -HA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, I would guess there are a lot of kids who have expressed the desire for a puppy to replace a baby brother or a sister for a while anyway. LOL. I enjoyed your creativity in these writes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the responses with the children letters to God ~ The last one really made me smile ~

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a wonderful perspective. nice touch with the pictorial prompts

    gracias

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your poem's style. I love the way you juxtaposed notes to God with your own thoughts. I also love the visuals of your blog. What a great blog you have!!! Good day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It never fails, when I stop by to catch a morning laugh and an ear to ear smile :-)
    ZQ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Translations of letters. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These letters are adorable. And the commentary exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these letters, and the accompanying poems. But are you sure that God isn't Canadian? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did you write the letters too? The combination of letter and haiku is mighty fine, poignant, fun.

    ReplyDelete