Tuesday, 18 March 2014

Warm Hands and Slippers


 Sunita Sehdekar

 dverse

cloaked in jonquils
she used to hide herself
from the moon

watching his warm hands
finger the white buds
unaware of her presence

 that was years ago
 now she no longer hides herself
 they know each other

they speak of  mundane things
the frisson of secrecy long since past
a soft comfortable slipper in its place

15 comments:

  1. frisson is a cool word...had to look it up...
    i would say it is a good comfort a warm one
    the energy does change once the anticipation
    has been met but not in a bad way...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the softness of the comfortable slipper ~ There's familiarity and warmth, but not too mundane that it gets really boring ~

    hey, we chose the same imagery ~ Thanks for linking up ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful. I love the personification of the moon and how appropriate now, when it's just been full.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This works wonderfully with the image you chose. I, too, like the personification of the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww they speak of mundane things...I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love like the moon - always cloaked in some measure. A lovely poem. ( written with the wisdom of age ? :) )

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an interesting relationship. It seems like marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope it is warm comfort and not losing sight of each other...

    ReplyDelete
  9. A sense of comfort that brings peace..

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's good to have someone to be comfortable with. Beautiful poem!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah.. when you come to the slippers.. so nice and cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful transition to gentle intimacy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed the progression in your poem, Cressida! Excuse the very late comment but your comment on my poem went to my spam box.

    ReplyDelete