Thursday, 27 February 2014
I Don't Really Feel Like Dancin'
dverse
the world has found a niche for nerds
wearing seventies flares
a kind of wholesomeness
a bit like the Amish that one admires
but somehow never feels comfortable with
middle aged family guys hamming it up
for the kiddie winks
with snoopy the dog and some greek chics
so why don't i like the wiggles
maybe I am jealous that they made millions
out of everything that cool people
worked so hard at avoiding
or maybe it's the contrivance that just falls short
because the grandpas have lost their verve
most ankle biters and sproglets would disagree
except for those who don't like Harry Potter
Alice in Wonderland or Shrek
and they === will keep it to themselves
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ha,.,,yes sometimes the world belong to the uncool.. I have played on both side of the fence I think.. but money helps to get into the centre stage... :-)
ReplyDeleteha. i dont know how the wiggles made it....i am so glad that my boys outgrew them years ago though...they had so many ear worms....their songs would get stuck in my head and...i guess too you have to appreciate the little guys that make it...until they forget about the other little guys..
ReplyDeleteI remember watching them with my granddaughter...whatever it takes I guess for some...courage and yet they leave a lot to be desired. .... never heard of ankle biters and sproglets before :).
ReplyDeletetool cool to code; nerd revenge! :)
ReplyDeleteHa - clever and somehow true..even the kitschiest things one can imagine seem to find a place. I had that reaction Pee Wee Herman and his playhouse..it felt icky somehow, and Barbie movies too...people sometimes go for weird stuff. Well captured and done so succinctly.
ReplyDeleteI've never liked the wiggles... never could quite articulate why I disliked them. This poem comes close to my own view of this awful show. I guess you can never quite tell what the wee ones will vibe to.
ReplyDeleteReminds me of the old cliche when a parent buys their kid an Awesome Toy only to see the kid ignore the Awesome Toy and play with the boring old box it came in instead. The wiggles are the boring old box.
I enjoyed reading this, especially since it's proof that I'm not crazy for loathing this show.
I was fortunate to have missed out on the Wiggles phenomenon...my ankle biters had the Teletubbies and Noddyshop. Love the last line.
ReplyDeleteokay, so I watched the video...was that a dinosaur in the middle?...and what was with the singing in Greek?...twisted...
ReplyDeleteI have always wondered where they find these people...so willing to perform as they do...but I'd imagine love of kids, love if music and love of money can make people do just about anything.
hmmm...there's much to think about here.